Nancy Caroline "Nannie" Gresham Biscoe moved with her five children from Forest, MIssissippi, to Arkadelphia in the 1880s following the death of her husband. Soon after Ouachita Baptist College opened in 1886 Nannie began teaching in the Preperatory Department, continuing there for over a decade until she joined the faculty of Arkadelphia High School. Her teaching career spanned some fifty years. She also served as the first president of the Arkadelphia Woman's LIbrary Association.
Nannie and her family (children Don, Mattie, Hamilton "Hamp" and Gibbs, and an adopted nephew, Pat) lived less than two blocks from the campus of Ouachita Baptist College after Nannie purchased property at 227 Cherry Street in 1901. All five of the children graduated from Ouachita: Pat, Hamp, and Gibbs became physicians. Nannie's house has remained in the family for well over a century, having passed from mother to daughter through four generations of teachers. The home was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. Today it is owned by Dr. Caroline Woodell Cagle Luck, Nannie's great-granddaughter, who also served on Ouachita's faculty.
This collection contains materials belonging to the Biscoe family including photographs, Ouachita Baptist College memorabilia, and other miscellaneous items.
DiGiovanni, Chistopher, "Biscoe Family Papers" (2018). Guides and Finding Aids. 147.