Prescott First Baptist Church was organized in 1876 in Nevada County, Arkansas. The congregation of eight members worshipped in the Ansley Academy on West Main Street on the second Sunday of each month. A frame church was built in 1877, and a Sunday School was added in 1884. Through the years various other church structures have been constructed. The First Baptist Church of Prescott is currently affiliated with the Red River Baptist Association, Arkansas Baptist State Convention, and Southern Baptist Convention.
This collection includes church minutes, membership lists, Sunday School minutes, correspondence, and Woman's Missionary Aid Society records from the Prescott (Nevada County), Arkansas, First Baptist Church.
Archivists, "Prescott First Baptist Church Records" (2017). Guides and Finding Aids. 133.