The White Plains Baptist Church was organized in 1884. According to the 1917 Garland County tax records, it was located on an acre of land one mile west of the Buckville Post Office, an area now covered by Lake Ouachita originally in Montgomery County. The building had one large room with a seating capacity of 300. The church voted to disband in 1930, when members believed the construction of Blakely Mountain Dam and Lake Ouachita to be imminent.
These church records consist of minutes and membership lists dated from 1889 to 1930.
White Plains Baptist Church Records. Arkansas Baptist State Convention Collection. Riley- Hickingbotham Library Archives and Special Collections, Ouachita Baptist University, Arkadelphia, Arkansas.