The Woman's Library Association of Arkadelphia, Arkansas, was founded in 1897, for the purpose of establishing a public library. Through a variety of fundraising activities, the organization funded construction of a library building, completed in 1903. Noted Little Rock architect Charles Thompson provided the structure's plans and specifications free of charge.
From its opening in 1903 until 1939, the library was owned and operated by the Woman's Library Association. Then, In 1939, the Association donated the property and its contents to the city of Arkadelphia. The building was eventually deeded to Clark County, and the county continues to operate the library today. One of the oldest library buildings in Arkansas, the Clark County Library was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
This collection contains yearbooks, scrapbooks, and other materials pertaining to the activities of the Woman's Library Club of Arkadelphia, Arkansas, including early twentieth-century library circulation records.
Arkadelphia Woman's Library Association Records. Riley-Hickingbotham Library Archives and Special Collections, Arkadelphia, Arkansas.