In August of 1912, Arkadelphia's Southern Standard newspaper announced an upcoming event during which the cornerstone for the new Bethlehem School building would be laid. A program featuring speeches by B.F. Condray, Farrar Newberry, and R.W. Huie, Jr., would highlight the occasion. The school was located about six miles east of Arkadelphia on Highway 51 at the junction of Highway 128 and a county road--in the heart of the Joan community.
Copyright © 2017 Arkadelphia Siftings Herald
Richter, Wendy Bradley, "Bethlehem School served students east of Arkadelphia" (2017). Articles. 191.